Crooked or stained teeth are enough to wipe the smile off your face, but it is easy to get a new smile with the help of your dentist. Fortunately, there are quite a number of things you can do to make your smile prettier, whiter, and brighter. Whether you want better-looking teeth to help you look younger or to improve your social life, your dentist can help you get a smile makeover. The following are some of the factors you and your dentist will consider when choosing the right procedure for your teeth:
Procedures to Improve Your Smile
Are you a candidate for a smile makeover?
The word ‘makeover’ has been used a lot in pop culture to imply a complete overhaul of your appearance. Therefore, a person who has a single crooked tooth may think that they are not the right candidates for a new smile procedure. Fortunately, the smile makeover can be as minimalistic or as in-depth as you want. As long as you want healthier teeth and a great-looking smile, your dentist can help you achieve it.
Here are a few things a dentist will look at during your smile makeover consultation:
1. Oral health
During your first consultation, your dentist will discuss your oral history and examine your teeth to determine their present condition. This examination is usually very comprehensive, and it helps the dentist determine which treatment option will give you the smile you want. If you have any oral health problems, your dentist may recommend treatment procedures to improve the health of your teeth and your gums.
2. Reasons for seeking treatment
After ensuring your gums and teeth are healthy, your dentist will determine your reasons for seeking a cosmetic dentistry procedure in order to ensure he chooses an option that meets your needs. Remember that no reason is too flimsy for a smile makeover. Some of the main reasons why people visit their dentist’s office for smile makeovers include:
Cracked or chipped teeth
The following are some of the procedures that can help you smile again:
1. Porcelain veneers: A veneer is a thin layer of porcelain that sits on your teeth and hides issues like stains and discoloration. Whether your teeth are stained or misaligned, porcelain veneers can make them look brighter and straighter. Furthermore, veneers do not stain like natural teeth, making them very easy to keep clean.
2. Teeth whitening: Believe it or not, your teeth are porous, not solid. After years of drinking coffee and wine, the pores in your teeth collect the stains, resulting in a change in shade and color. Fortunately, teeth whitening can help make your teeth brighter. Though there are a number of store-bought teeth whitening products, it is always better to get the procedure done at your dentist’s office. This is because your dentist is more thorough, and the equipment he/she uses is much more effective at brightening your pearly whites.
3. Invisalign: If your teeth are not straight but you do not like the stigma associated with traditional braces, you can get Invisalign. Invisalign is virtually invisible, and it helps straighten your teeth without the use of brackets or wires.
4. Dental implants: If you have lost one or more teeth, dental implants can provide a natural-looking replacement. This procedure is permanent and can help restore your bite while allowing you to literally smile from ear to ear without worrying about gaps due to missing teeth.
If you are not happy with the smile you have, take comfort in the fact that you can get a new smile with a visit to a dentist. Depending on your needs, a cosmetic dentist will choose a treatment procedure that allows you to show off your best smile.
Call (949) 245-0577 to schedule an appointment with Scott G. Lamming DDS in our San Juan Capistrano dental office.
A smile makeover consists of different dental care treatments performed cumulatively as part of a specific plan. While it may help to improve dental health overall, often the primary purpose is to enhance smile appearance. …
Want to understand the steps to complete a smile makeover? Being prepared for this cosmetic treatment is necessary, as the more one is prepared to undergo the smile makeover process, the more likely they will …
Cosmetic dentistry is the specialty that focuses on improving the way that the teeth appear. Additionally, cosmetic dentists make an effort to improve overall function. There are many different cosmetic dentistry options for improving one’s …
Flipping through the pages of magazines or watching videos online, it is obvious that a majority of celebrities receive some form of cosmetic dental work to their smile. People can have bright and shiny teeth, …